Tooth loss is an unhealthy condition and many people believe that something is inevitable when older. The truth is that one need not lose his teeth if we take good care during his entire life. The teeth help to savor the food and feed to maintain health.
By understanding why people might lose their teeth, it is possible to give attention to all of his oral health to keep his teeth healthy for life. Here are the main causes of tooth loss:
1. Poor oral hygiene increases the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Dentists advise brushing your teeth after every meal, or at least twice a day, and move the floss at least once a day. It is also recommended to consult their dentist every six months for a routine check and clean teeth.
2. Poor nutrition can ravage the teeth. Foods that contain lots of sugar and acids damage the teeth and gums. These regimes initiate decay.
3. Bad habits such as tooth grinding (bruxism) use their teeth over the years and make them shorter. People who grind so intense could even fracture teeth. Smoking can worsen gum disease, which leads to tooth loss.
4. If children are playing contact sports such as football, hockey, basketball and martial arts, they must wear a mouth guard to prevent injuries that may fracture one or more teeth.
5. Some people have an extreme fear of dentists and did not consult, even if they suffer from intense pain. Do not see a dentist for a problem in his mouth could aggravate the situation over time and eventually lead to tooth loss.
6. Some people can not afford dental care. But not everything is done by dentists is too expensive. Sometimes there are alternative treatments that are cheaper and should ask his dentist. Remember also that prevention costs less than repairing the problems.